- Yields: 4 portions
- Preparation: 20 minutes
- 1 lb (500g) Yukon Gold potato, about 3
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50mL) green onions, chopped
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) STIRLING - Churn84 Unsalted 250g
- 1 tbsp (15mL) rosemary, or dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Regular Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 tsp (7mL) Dijon mustard
- Shred unpeeled potatoes using a food processor or box grater. Squeeze all the water out of the potatoes. Toss with half each of the parsley and green onion, and rosemary, pepper and salt until well combined. Divide the mixture into four equal portions.
- Heat half the butter in a large, non-stick skillet set over high heat. When the butter foams, add the potato mixture and, using a silicone spatula, form into 4 individual disks of equal thickness. Reduce the heat to medium high and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until underside is set and a golden crust forms.
- Add remaining butter and gently turn rösti; cook for an additional 5 minutes or until rösti are golden brown and bubbles are actively forming in the centre of each disk. Drain on paper towel.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream with remaining parsley, green onion and mustard. Serve with warm rösti.
- Add smoked salmon to the plate for a traditional accompaniment.