- Yields: 10 crab cakes
- Preparation: 87 minutes
- 1 lb crab meat
- 1 tbsp (15mL) parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp (2mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) white pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) tabasco
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt
- 8 oz (250g) halibut, cod or haddock fillet, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup (175mL) HEWITT'S - 35% whipping cream
- 3 tbsp (45mL) dry bread crumbs
- 4 tbsp (60mL) STIRLING - Churn84 Salted 250g
- 1 tomato, large, seeded and diced (optional)
- baby arugula leaves, optional
- In a bowl, combine crab meat, parsley, lemon juice, green onion, mustard, pepper, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauces and salt; set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine chopped halibut, egg, cream and bread crumbs; mix gently. Stir in crab mixture; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Form mixture into 10 cakes (each about 3 cup or 75 mL). Chill for a minimum of 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Heat large skillet over medium-high; add half the butter and swirl to coat pan. Add half of the crab cakes and brown on both sides; place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining butter and crab cakes. Bake 12 minutes or until cooked through. Garnish with diced tomato and baby arugula (if using).