- Yields: 24 servings
- Preparation: 30 minutes (+ 1 hour chill time)
- 2 1/2 cups (625mL) BLACK RIVER - Maple Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup (50mL) STIRLING - Churn84 Unsalted 250g
- 4 oz (125mL) pancetta, diced
- 8 oz (250g) block-style cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125mL) green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp (5mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp (15mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30mL) pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
- 2 tbsp (30mL) sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp (15mL) poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp (15mL) white sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- In skillet set over medium heat, cook pancetta, stirring often, for 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate.
- In food processor, blend together shredded cheese, butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add pancetta, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and pepper; pulse until combined.
- Divide mixture in half; lay each half on square of plastic wrap. Using hands, gather plastic wrap around cheese to shape into two balls. Wrap tightly and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm.
- In food processor, pulse pumpkin seeds until slightly crushed; transfer to shallow bowl. Stir in sunflower, poppy and sesame seeds. Unwrap each ball and roll in seed mixture, pressing to adhere, until well coated.
- Serve with crackers and olives.
- Refrigerate unused cheese ball for up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 2 months.
- Use any combination of seeds for coating.
- For “everything” flavour, omit pumpkin and sunflower seeds; add 2 tbsp (30 mL) dried onion flakes to seed mixture.