- Yields: 4 dozen triangles
- Preparation: 36 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30mL) STIRLING - Churn84 Salted 250g
- 1 onion, small and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (250mL) NORDICA 2% - Cottage Cheese
- 3/4 cup (175mL) spinach, cooked, chopped, pressed and drained
- 1/2 cup (125mL) SALERNO - Grated Parmesan Cheese or Romano, grated
- 1 tsp (5mL) lemon rind, grated
- 10 phyllo dough sheets
- 1/2 cup (125mL) STIRLING - Churn84 Salted 250g, melted
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring for 3 minutes or until softened. Cool slightly. In a bowl; add cottage cheese, onion mixture, spinach, Parmesan cheese, lemon rind, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place phyllo, one sheet at a time, on work surface.
- Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap. Brush lightly with melted butter. Cut lengthwise into 5 equal strips, each about 2” (6 cm) wide. Spoon 1 tsp (5 mL) of filling 2” (1 cm) from bottom of each strip. One strip at a time, fold corner of phyllo over filling to form a triangle. Continue to fold up triangle, sideways and upwards.
- Form triangles with remaining strips. Place on baking sheet. Brush each triangle with melted butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets and filling. (Phyllo triangles can be frozen on baking sheets at this point. Once frozen, transfer to airtight freezer containers and freeze for up to 2 months. Do not thaw before baking).
- Bake in centre of preheated 375ºF (190 °C) oven for 15 to 18 minutes.