- Yields: 12 servings
- Preparation: 40 minutes
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) banana, ripe, about 3 large, mashed
- GAY LEA - Regular Sour Cream, or GAY LEA - Lactose Free Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup (125mL) apple juice, or water
- 1/4 cup (50mL) maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp (30mL) STIRLING - Churn84 Salted 250g, melted
- 3 cups (750mL) large flake oats
- 2 tsp (10mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 2 tbsp (30mL) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter or line a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Whisk mashed bananas with sour cream, apple juice, maple syrup, egg whites and melted butter. Combine oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a separate large bowl. Add banana mixture and stir, just until evenly combined.
- Scoop oat mixture into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until set and browned around the edges. Cool for 10 minutes. Use a thin knife to loosen around cups. Serve warm.
- Make ahead and reserve cups in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer. Reheat in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds.
- For a brunch dessert, serve warm oatmeal topped with GAY LEA- Real Whipped Cream and garnished with additional cinnamon.