- Yields: 4 to 8
- Preparation: 79 minutes
- 3 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp (15mL) 5% light cream, or water
- 1 salt
- 1 cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (250mL) STIRLING - Churn84 Salted 250g, melted
- 4 tbsp (60mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (50mL) white vinegar
- 1/4 cup (50mL) eggs
- 8 bacon slices, Canadian or cooked ham
- 4 English muffins, toasted
- Place egg yolks, cream, salt and cayenne in blender. Blend on high for 30 to 60 seconds or until foamy. Place funnel in opening of lid; with blender running, add half the butter in slow, steady stream. Add lemon juice then pour in remaining butter. Transfer sauce to glass bowl, cover with foil and hold in warm water bath for up to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, fill a wide saucepan two-thirds deep with water; bring to boil. Add vinegar and reduce heat until water is just barely simmering. Break each egg into a small bowl or ramekin. Stir water so that it is swirling and quickly pour in eggs. Poach eggs for 4 minutes. Use slotted spoon to lift out eggs and test by pressing lightly with finger. (The eggs are perfect if the whites are firm and the yolks are very soft.) Place the eggs on paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Arrange 2 toasted muffin halves on each serving plate; top each with a slice of cooked bacon, a poached egg and a spoonful of hollandaise sauce. Sprinkle with additional cayenne pepper to taste.