- Preparation: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) raisins, sultana
- 2 tbsp (30mL) STIRLING - Stirling Creamery Salted Butter
- 1 tbsp (15mL) cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125mL) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (250mL) hot water
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (30mL) lemon juice
- 1 cup (250mL) STIRLING - Stirling Creamery Unsalted Butter, sofented
- 1 cup (250mL) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125mL) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (50mL) sugar
- Stir together raisins, butter, sugar and cornstarch. Stir in hot water and cook over medium heat until thick. Remove mixture from heat and stir in lemon zest and juice. Cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Using an electronic mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and mix well with a wooden spoon. In a separate bowl, whisk flour and cornstarch together. Add to butter and mix until dough is just combined. Dough will be stickier than typical cookie dough. Divide dough in half and press one half evenly onto the bottom of a parchment paper-lined 9×9” (2.5L) square pan.
- Pour cooled filling over shortbread base evenly. Divide remaining dough into four pieces. With floured hands, pat each piece to fit 1/4 of the pan and place over the topping repeating until the top is fully covered. Smooth top together with a knife or back of a spoon. Sprinkle top with sugar. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool to room temperature and cut into squares.