- Yields: 24 cookies
- Preparation: 40 minutes (+2 hours of chilling time)
- 1/2 cup (125mL) STIRLING - Stirling Creamery Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (50mL) icing sugar, sifted
- 1 cup (250mL) all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (7mL) matcha powder
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 3 oz (100mL) white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30mL) black sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup (60mL) egg whites, beaten
- Using electric beaters, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. In separate bowl, combine flour, matcha powder, baking powder and salt; using wooden spoon, gradually stir into butter mixture. Stir in white chocolate.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface; shape into 7-inch (18 cm) log. Sprinkle sesame seeds on baking sheet in thin layer. Brush log lightly all over with egg white; roll in sesame seeds until fully coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until firm (or freeze for up to 2 months, then thaw in refrigerator before baking).
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Cut log into 24 slices, about 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick. Place on 2 parchment paper–lined baking sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake, in batches, in centre of oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Let cool in pans on racks for 2 minutes. Transfer directly to racks; let cool completely.
- Cookies can be baked and stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.