- Yields: 8 servings
- Preparation: 187 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Spreadables Regular
- 1/2 cup (125mL) brown sugar, lightly packed
- 12 slices raisin bread, or egg bread, cut in thick slices
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50mL) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (250mL) 5% light cream
- 1/4 cup (50mL) corn syrup
- 1 tbsp (15mL) vanilla
- 1 tbsp (15mL) STIRLING - Churn84 Salted 250g
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Butter 9” square or 7” x 11” (2 L) baking dish; set aside. Blend 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter with sugar until well combined. Spread mixture thickly over one side of each slice of bread; sandwich slices and halve diagonally.
- Arrange sandwiches, one-point side up, in prepared dish. Whisk together eggs, cream, corn syrup and vanilla until combined. Pour evenly over bread, spooning to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Cover and bake in oven for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes longer or until browned.
- Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, if necessary, to brown the tips of the bread slices.