- Yields: 18 cookies
- Preparation: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125mL) STIRLING - Stirling Creamery Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (50mL) granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup (175mL) gluten-free all-purpose flour, fine
- 1/4 cup (50mL) yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125mL) corn kernels
- 1/2 cup (125mL) green onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Using electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until fluffy. Beat in cottage cheese and egg just until combined.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. With mixer on low speed, beat flour mixture into butter mixture just until combined. Stir in corn, green onion and jalapeño. Drop heaping 2 tablespoonfuls of dough onto parchment paper–lined baking sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart; flatten slightly.
- Bake, in batches, for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Let cool in pans on racks for 2 minutes. Transfer directly to racks; let cool completely.
- Add 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground chipotle pepper to the flour mixture for a subtle smoky flavour.