- Yields: 6
- Preparation: 45 minutes
- 6 tbsp (90mL) STIRLING - Stirling Creamery Bombay Curry Butter Roll, divided
- 1 onion, large and chopped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) ginger, fresh and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups (1L) bone broth
- 3 cups (750mL) butternut squash, chopped
- 2 cups (500mL) sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (250mL) carrots, chopped
- 2 tsp (10mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5mL) pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (250mL) coconut milk
- 3 tbsp (45mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15mL) honey
- 1/3 cup (75mL) pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 2 tbsp (30mL) cilantro, fresh and finely chopped
- In large saucepan, melt 2 tbsp Stirling Creamery Bombay Curry Butter Roll set over medium heat; cook onion, ginger and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in broth, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, salt, pepper and cayenne; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Using hand blender or stand blender, purée until smooth. (Return soup to saucepan if using stand blender.)
- Stir in coconut milk; bring to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes; stir in lime juice and honey. (Thin soup with a bit of water if needed.)
- Meanwhile, melt remaining butter. Divide soup among bowls; drizzle with melted butter. Garnish with pumpkin seeds and cilantro.
- For an easy bone broth, add 2 lb (1 kg) chicken bones and 2 lb (1 kg) beef bones to large saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover; bring to boil over medium heat, skimming foam from top. Cook over medium-low heat for 3 to 4 hours; strain. Alternatively, cook in multi-function cooker or slow cooker.
- Substitute chicken or vegetable broth for bone broth if desired.