- Yields: 2 cups
- Preparation: 20 minutes (+ cooling time)
- 1/2 lb (250mL) STIRLING - Churn84 Farmhouse 250g, softened and divided
- 1 cup (250mL) apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp (30mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- Melt 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter in nonstick skillet set over medium heat; sauté apples for about 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
- Cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until apples are caramelized and pan is almost dry. Let cool completely.
- Finely chop apple mixture until it resembles slightly chunky jam. Using rubber spatula, blend half of the remaining butter with apples until cohesive mixture is achieved. Stir in remaining butter. Transfer to small jar. (Can be covered and refrigerated for up to 5 days.)
- Spread butter on warm toast, waffles, pancakes, muffins, biscuits or even pork chops.