- Yields: 10
- Preparation: 50 minutes
- 6 (90g) STIRLING - Stirling Creamery Flavoured Medallions – Lemon Dill
- 3 lb skinless salmon fillet
- 1 1/2 tsp (7mL) salt, divided
- 1/3 cup (75mL) capers, drained
- 1/4 cup (50mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp (30mL) honey
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 3/4 cups (175mL) olive oil
- 12 oz (350g) baby arugula
- 4 cups (1L) fennel, shaved or thinly sliced
- 3 cups (750mL) radicchio, chopped
- 1 cup (250mL) red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125mL) almonds, roasted and sliced
- 10 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line large sheet pan with parchment paper; place salmon fillet in centre and arrange butter medallions on top. Season with 1 tsp (5 mL) salt. Fold up edges of parchment, crimping together to completely seal package. Bake for about 20 minutes or until salmon is firm to the touch.
- In bowl, whisk together capers, lemon juice, Dijon, honey, remaining salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in oil, whisking constantly, until vinaigrette is thickened. Set aside.
- In large bowl or deep serving platter, toss together arugula, fennel, radicchio, red onion and half of the vinaigrette.
- Gently crumble cooked salmon over top; drizzle with more vinaigrette. Garnish with almonds. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Add crumbled Ivanhoe Cheese Goat Cheddar Aged to salad for an extra gourmet indulgence.